Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Allow me to Reintroduce Myself...


Hey Everybody!
Good day and welcome to my mog. Yes thats mog... as in music blog. Id like to tell you a little bit about myself. I'm age 22, approaching the adult world at break neck speed-- T minus 1 semester before the sky falls. I go to JMU and Im a business man who's interested in turning a passion for music into a sustainable career. If I had it my way I would be on tour-- doing production in the studio when I was off the road- but unfortunately that track doesn't necessarily come with six figure job security....

Record companies and related distributors are all facing the same basic problem- How to monetize music once again? While some might say 'just wait for Cloud Computing to truly take off, and then the internet police will take care of it'-- thats little comfort for companies that are losing massive amounts of revenue when there are more people listening to music than ever before.


While the problem is blaring, the solution is not so pronounced. Although, it would appear that companies like Grooveshark, Pandora, Imeem, Myspace, etc. are on the right track-- in that people are looking for a way to discover new music in a new (social) context.

So. A very relevant question-- why should you listen to what I have to say? The most compelling reason is I'm not going to be writing traditional opinion blog posts. Thankfully Im not a 13 girl interested in proliferating her love for Jonas-- I'm an educated and informed individual interested in exploring the status quo and a solution for this crippled music industry.

WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM ME?

-Industry Analysis,Forecasting, Solution Proposals

-Opinion posts on current events, n hot topics related to the industry and music in general

-Honest & well supported commentaries from someone who grew up on the revolutions of the internet ( P2P, Social Networking, Google, Itunes, Amazon, etc.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tech Crunch

Tech Crunch
The Free Tech Company Database

iLike

iLike
a leading social music service that provides the most popular music app

Midomi

Midomi
Search for Music Using Your Voice
Powered By Blogger

Xanga Profile

Xanga Profile
Blogging Community